Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter Skirt

Easter has come and gone, but my Easter skirt will last a long time! I had the grand idea to make myself a new skirt just a few days before Easter. I based "my design" off the Paperbag Skirt from Made by Lex. I'll say "my design" because I saw the one she made and had to figure out how to make it myself since she didn't give instructions or a pattern. :) My skirt ended up a little different than hers, but I was quite pleased with it. So, here is the Paper Bag skirt from Made By Lex: And here is my version worn on a sunny Easter day in GA: I tried not to copy the whole outfit...but the white tank top looked the best with the skirt. I changed it up by wearing cute magenta, peep toe heels. :) My skirt is made out of a Linen Chambray...I have no idea what that means. It looks like linen, but doesn't wrinkle as easily as linen does which is nice.

The one thing I couldn't figure out was how she got the paper bag effect around the waist. I tried cinching the waist with the belt/tie, but it never ended up looking nice and even...so I ended up sewing big pleats into the skirt. Not quite the same, but it won't fall off if the tie comes undone. :) The only thing I still need to do is add a lining, but for now I'm waiting to find a cute cotton fabric to use.

So, what do you all think? I was quite pleased with it! I'm so happy I found the Made by Lex blog. She's gives me such good inspiration for sewing and crafting. :) Hope you're all having a great weekend. I'll have a fun birthday cake to show you tomorrow.

Til next time,
J Squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment