Thursday, September 9, 2010

National Sewing Month

Guess what?! It's National Sewing Month...who knew?

In honor of National Sewing Month...I'm going to try and sew a lot. We'll see what I actually get done though because life is CRAZY right now, and I mean crazier than I could have imagined a few months ago...

The past week I've been sewing pillowcases for the ConKerr Cancer project. The idea is to make pillowcases for sick children in hospitals across the U.S. with the hope that a colorful pillowcase for their bed will brighten their day...and night. :)

Here's what I've made so far and here is where to get directions and dimensions if you want to make your own pillowcases.


They are sooo easy to make and it's a really good way to use up any extra fabric you have lying around. I highly recommend sewing up some pillowcases if you have the time. :)

I'm also inspired to make some pillow cases for myself now too....


Happy Sewing!
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment