Sunday, January 9, 2011

SNOW!!

It snowed the day after Christmas in North Carolina and was pretty much the "perfect snow". It covered the ground, but didn't stick to the roads or sidewalks. That was the first white Christmas I remember...ever. Pretty cool thing to experience as a Southerner.

{tree at my grandmother's house}

{throwing snow in the air}

Now, it's snowing here in Georgia and we're all freaking out! The grocery store shelves are empty, restaurants only have frozen {read as fry-able} food left, and we're going into our third day off from work/school...except for me because I live a mile from work and can walk there. Anyways, the snow was absolutely gorgeous Sunday night when it was coming down. So light and powdery. The roomies and I went for a walk that night and it was so neat to only hear the snow falling.

{late night walk through the falling snow}

{snow building up on our back staircase}

{people sledding in the cemetary}

Snow Day 1 was filled with snowball fights, sledding, walking into town to the local pub, and snuggling up on the couch. Snow Day 2 involved working a little bit, going to the pub, working a little more, snuggling up on the couch at home. I'm hoping that Snow Day 3 gets back to normal. I can only take so much free time. Apparently I'm better at getting things done only when I have a million other things to do.

Oh, and cookie sheets work really well for sledding down driveways and hills, but be careful because they go really fast on ice and you might not be able to use them for cookies after you're done.

Happy Snowpocalypse!
Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment