Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Family

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and got to visit with all sorts of people you love -or at least can stand. :) I was up in North Carolina stuffing my face with sweet potato casserole, tofurky (fake turkey), stuffing, squash casserole, homemade bread, cranberry sauce and all sorts of other yumminess. Mmmmm....

We've started a new tradition on my dad's side of the family called "cousin bowl". Anyone that is in town and "agile enough" gets roped/teased/talked into playing football/baseball/basketball/etc. with the very young, competitive cousins that need to get their excess energy out. This year, my Uncle surprised us with t-shirts for cousin bowl since everyone was in town. When everyone is in town we really can field our own football team - all 28 of us.
We all escaped with minor bruises, scrapes, and pulled muscles. A few tears were shed in the heat of the battle, but soon after our tailgating lunch was set up, all was forgotten...

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. We'd love to hear about any family traditions you have during the holidays (or non-holidays).

Until then,
J Squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment