Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Flower Hair Band

So...I finally had time to sit down and try out the tutorial from this post. It was super easy and only took about 10 minutes. I modified it a bit as I was too lazy to pull out the directions and follow them exactly.
Here's what I did:
Took apart the flower.
Peeled all the glue from the flowers.
Sewed each flower on one by one.
Sewed a pretty pink button into the middle of the flower.
...and I was done!

One or two stitches for each flower works fine. I would even sew a few flowers together at a time to reduce the number of stitches in the headband. I just picked up a pack of three Goody headbands from Target for about $6, a flower stem from Ikea, and I'll get three cute headbands for about $8!

Try it out and let me know if it works for you!

Til next time!
J Squirrel

1 comment:

  1. Ha! You look like a hippie flower child in that head band. You'd better not stop shaving otherwise we're going to have words...

    ReplyDelete