Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

My roommates and I hosted a pumpkin carving party last night at our house. We have a great, big screened in porch, so we moved our dining room table out there (along with two porch tables) for everyone to carve pumpkins on.

My lovely sister working on her pumpkin.

For the most part everyone stuck to "normal" pumpkin carving - my boyfriend being the exception, not for what he made, but the tools he used...a dremel. Oh, those engineers. :) In the end we had a couple different scary faces, a haunted tree (mine), a heart monitor beat (very cool), Cartman (I think), and a few other ones. Here they are:

All the pumpkins lined up together. Good job guys!

The one in the middle that's not lit has "red rum" (from The Shining) carved into it. The candle went out in the midst of picture taking. Oh well. We all sat around staring at the pumpkins after they were lit. It was kind of like watching a fire burn. Relaxing and quiet...but after about two minutes it got a little boring so we started playing around with the pumpkins. :)

Senor Pumpkin

We had a pretty big crowd, 10-12 people, which meant a lot of pumpkin goop and a lot of pumpkin seeds to roast. Yum-o! I sprinkle salt, pepper, curry, and cumin on my pumpkin seeds, pour a little oil over them, and stick them in the oven at 375 degrees. I recommend checking them every 8 min and stirring them around on the pan. It usually takes about 20 min for them to dry out properly.

Have you ever roasted pumpkin seeds? What do you put on them?

Until next time!
J Squirrel

1 comment: