Thursday, October 22, 2009

Weekend!

Last weekend my boyfriend and I had a lovely, lazy, Saturday morning complete with coffee, eggs and pancakes. We both love cooking so we thought we would try and experiment a little with our pancakes. Granola + coconut + almonds + pancake batter = super delicious pancakes! Here they are:
I'm not really into syrup on my pancakes, so the granola and coconut gave it just the right amount of extra sweetness. I also tried a little nutella on the pancake when my roommate brought her jar out. Nutella makes everything better. :)

We've also tried peanut butter and pumpkin pancakes, lemon and ricotta pancakes, and mac'n'cheese pancakes. Crazy, huh?! Okay...I'll admit it...we didn't think of those ourselves. We got those recipes from a really cool cookbook called Eat Me: The Food and Philosophy of Kenny Shopsin.
Available on Amazon for about $17.

The lemon and ricotta were the tastiest pancakes by far. The other two needed a few adjustments from the original recipes. Check out the cookbook for some other crazy recipes such as Egg Guacamole and a Cuban Bean Polenta Melt. If you ever get a chance to check out Shopsin's restaurant in New York I highly recommend it. Take everything with a pinch of salt though - it's not your everyday restaurant. :)

Have a lovely weekend!
J Squirrel

No comments:

Post a Comment