Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Before and After

Did everyone have a good Memorial Day weekend? I hope so. Mine was filled with lots and lots of traveling. I'll share more about that with you later, but for now I need to catch ya'll up with some before and after refashioning/crafting I've been doing the past few weeks.

First up is last years pair of Target sandals. I wanted to jazz them up a bit so I added some pre-made fashion trim (I think that's what you call it) to them with a little hot glue. I then used an exacto blade to trim the edges and I now have a sparkly new pair of sandals!

Next up is one of my boyfriends dress shirts that I rescued from the thrift store bag. Please excuse the awful iphone picture, but here is the shirt as it was: I took off the sleeves, took in the sides, sewed up the arm holes, added a ruffle around the collar and made the shirt all the same length. That evening I was also working on a black dress I never wear, so I took the belt loops and sash from that dress and added them to the shirt. Here is the final product:

I've really been having fun with all the sewing/refashioning/crafting I've been doing recently. There are so many great blogs out there to get ideas and inspiration from. I wish I could get paid to sew and craft all day...maybe I'll have to look into that a little more...

Have a great evening! I have some more projects to show you soon. I'm going to be a big sister again to twin boys and it's been a great excuse to make cute baby things!

Toodles,
J Squirrel

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shirt redo very cute best one yet

    ReplyDelete